Friday, August 9, 2013

New Director for Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center


By on 2:44 PM

Hello, I am Gregg W. Duffek and I have been appointed the new Tribal Health Center Director. I began work here at LCO on June 03, 2013 and it is truly an honor to work in a Tribal facility.

I am an enrolled member of the Stockbridge Band of Mohican Indians. My wife and I have 5 adult children and 4 granddaughters who make me remember what is important in life.

I have over 20 years experience working in Indian Health & Human Services. I have a Masters Degree in Business with an emphasis in Healthcare. I come here to help.

I have served on many local, regional and national health groups including Great Lakes and Bemidji Area Office focus groups to better healthcare for Tribes in and out of Wisconsin. I have served on the Wisconsin Legislative Special Committee on Tribal Relations to advance legislation for Wisconsin Tribes and have always fought to make it better for all Tribes not just one.

I helped form the Tribal Aging Directors Association and provided guidance to the Tribal Income Maintenance Directors to help them form their own association, so we could all be heard by the state to make equal access to medical care and other services for Tribal Communities.
n
This is the same vision I have for the delivery of healthcare here at LCO. If it is available for one it must be available for all and with the limited amount of funds we get from the federal government and other funding sources we bill it is more important now than ever for us to pull together and use our limited resources well.

About LCO News

The LCO News Team works to deliver news and events coverage through publication of a monthly newspaper and it's online version at www.LCONews.com. For more information, contact Lonnie Barber at (715) 634-8934.

0 comments:

Post a Comment